Metabolism-boosting foods, such as those rich in protein, may help support overall health as part of a balanced diet. In this delicious recipe, venison loin is a great example of a protein rich ingredient that will help boost your metabolism, while the chickpea hummus and macadamia dukkah add fiber and healthy fats.
Serves 4 - entrée size
- 400g of venison loin (you can replace this with lamb loin, chicken breast, fish fillet, turkey or any preferred lean meant)
- 250g of cooked chickpeas
- 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A pinch of ground cumin, salt & pepper
- 60ml of Allpress Waiheke Blend
- 60g of dukkah or toasted nuts
- Chopped parsley to garnish
In a mixer blend chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini pasta, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper while slowly adding the EVOO until very smooth. Place to the side.
Sear the venison loin on each side until golden brown, add blended spice mixture and put the loin in the oven for 3 minutes at 180 degrees and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
Once it's rested, thinly slice the meat and plate with a generous amount of hummus and finish it off with dukkah, parsley & a generous drizzle of EVOO.